Bollinger Signs Contract For Supply Boat Trio
This past February, Bollinger Shipyards, Lockport, La., signed a contract for three 145-ft. (44.1-m) supply/utility boats with Edison Chouest Offshore.
The vessels, which will meet new regulatory standards and will be less than 100 gt and less than 500 gt registered tonnage, will each have a 36-ft. (10.9-m) beam and maximum draft of 11.5 ft.
(3.5-m); normal operating draft will be eight ft. (2.4 m).
The first vessel will be powered by a pair of Cummins KTA-38MO diesel engines rates at 750 bhp at 1,600 rpm.
The Cummins package will drive Bollinger 72 x 57-in., four blade, stainless steel propellers through Twin Disc MG5301 reverse/reduction gears with a ratio of 4.96:1.
The remaining vessels will receive power via two Caterpillar 3508B-diesel engines rated at 855 bhp at 1.600 rpm.
Each OSV will also be equipped with four liquid mud tanks and two Methanol tanks. While terms of the contract were not disclosed, the yard did say that delivery of the first vessel will occur in summer 2002; the remaining vessels will follow in October and December 2002.
Other stories from April 2002 issue
- U.S., Spain Team To Develop New Warship page: 4
- Bennis to Lead Maritime, Land Security page: 4
- Halmatic To Supply RIBs For Maritime & Coastguard Agency page: 8
- Germanischer Lloyd Reorganizes Operations page: 11
- Celebrity Cancels Summit And Infinity Sailings page: 11
- Kvaerner And Aker Maritime Join Forces page: 12
- Royal Caribbean And Celebrity Announce Key Appointments page: 13
- Key Port Security Measure Passed page: 16
- Boston Whaler Unveils "Robot" Security Boat page: 18
- Protection Zones In Place For USS Roosevelt's Return page: 19
- DOT Outlines Smart Card Concept For Transportation Workers page: 20
- I MO Calls for Unity on Bulk Carrier Safety page: 22
- OECD Working Group To Brainstorm on Port Security page: 22
- NWDC: The Ultimate One-Stog Shop page: 24
- Boston Whaler Debuts New Security Products page: 26
- No Substitute for A Strong Navy page: 28
- HSV Gets Marines There Faster page: 33
- Information: The Real Power page: 33
- GE Continues To Set Gas Turbine Tech Pace page: 34
- Vericor Is A Reliable Source of Propulsion Power page: 35
- The Allure of Power page: 36
- Spanish Group Endorses Pentamaran page: 37
- industrial Heritage Is Retained page: 38
- MES Completes the World's Largest Diesel Engine page: 39
- Faster Than A Speeding... page: 40
- The Rolls-Royce Design Solution page: 41
- Jane Tide Makes An Impact page: 41
- Halliburton Brings Viking To GOM page: 42
- ABS Speeds Truss Spar Projects to GOM page: 42
- Bollinger Signs Contract For Supply Boat Trio page: 43
- As Banks Step Down, Equipment Finance Companies Step Up page: 44
- Cummins Inc. And CitiCapital Launch Alliance page: 46
- ACR — On The Road To Safety And Survival Technology page: 48
- New Service Frees Ships From Hostile Situations page: 49
- Positive Outlook for Global Subsea Development, Deepwater Strengthening page: 50
- A World of Controversy page: 64
- INTERTANKO Holds Firm Position o n M a r i t i m e security page: 66
- North Mariner — In A Class of Its Own page: 68
- Volvo Penta Engines In Clean Design Ferry page: 69
- Hernis 400 System Is Safe And Sound page: 69
- The Dash for Gas page: 74
- BP's Discovery Is Re-Named Thunder Horse page: 75
- Crowley Moves ExxonMobil Concrete Island Drilling page: 76
- Dresser-Rand Equips Petrobras FPSO page: 76
- Transas Launches LNG Tanker Simulator page: 76